TAMPA, Fl. (CNN Newsource) — President Trump says he is declaring Sunday, March 15 as a National Day of Prayer.
In a tweet the President said:
“It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these…. ….No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!”
The annual National Day of Prayer is scheduled for May 7. Trump’s announcement came after he declared a national emergency over the coronavirus pandemic.
You can check out the coronavirus tracking map here.
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- COVID-19 puts traditional visits with Santa to the test
- New businesses celebrate opening up shop in Hampton amid coronavirus pandemic
- Norfolk Southern train hits vehicle in Downtown Suffolk; driver able to escape
- You can now buy medical marijuana in Richmond