RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has signed an executive order reinforcing existing liability protections for healthcare workers in the state.
Executive Order Sixty reinforces certain immunity from liability for healthcare providers in response to COVID-19 and provides protections for them in case of an emergency.
“Virginia’s healthcare workers are heroes,” said Northam. “We must ensure that they can continue to provide high-quality and compassionate care during this tremendously challenging time.”
Nothing in this order prevents liability in the case of gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- Virginia Beach City Council set to form mass shooting memorial committee
- Monday evening crash closes all eastbound lanes on I-264 in Virginia Beach
- Chesapeake Public Schools shifts 3 classrooms following positive COVID-19 tests
- Norfolk offering free COVID-19 tests on December 10
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening