COLUMBIA, South Carolina (AP) — Former U.N. Ambassador and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley says her sister-in-law has died after contracting the coronavirus.
Haley tweeted Tuesday evening that Rhonda Lee Nelson, sister of her husband Michael, “passed the day before Thanksgiving of Covid.”
An online obituary says Nelson was 53 years old, lived in West Milton, Ohio, and died November 25.
She was remembered as a singer and piano musician who “ministered to many inside and outside of the church.”
Haley provided no further details on Nelson’s death.
Nelson is one of 7,103 people who have died of coronavirus in Ohio.
- Monday marks 32 years since USS Iowa explosion that killed 47 sailors
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Fauci says he expects Johnson & Johnson vaccinations to resume later this week
- LSU fraternity pays off former cook’s mortgage
- Vaccine clinic being held Wednesday at CNU’s Freeman Center