NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — In response to the coronavirus closures, Newport News Shipbuilding announced that they will implement a liberal leave policy.
The leave is designed to allow employees time to prepare and arrange any family care plans necessary.
The shipyard is working to prepare work schedule adjustments and additional leave options in the event that this becomes long-term.
During liberal leave, company provided transportation and parking will resume as scheduled.
Employees that do not work directly at the shipyard are urged to follow health protocols respective to their offsite location and keep an open line of communications with the Human Resources/Labor Relations business partner.
Stay with WAVY on-air and online for updates.
- Man charged in connection with Langley Federal Credit Union fraud scheme
- The pop-up sandbar beach at Craney Island in Portsmouth is off-limits
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
- After Floyd’s death, black lawmakers call for federal antilynching law
- Dems scrap vote on FISA bill after Trump threatens veto