NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — In response to the coronavirus closures, Newport News Shipbuilding announced that they will implement a liberal leave policy.
The leave is designed to allow employees time to prepare and arrange any family care plans necessary.
The shipyard is working to prepare work schedule adjustments and additional leave options in the event that this becomes long-term.
During liberal leave, company provided transportation and parking will resume as scheduled.
Employees that do not work directly at the shipyard are urged to follow health protocols respective to their offsite location and keep an open line of communications with the Human Resources/Labor Relations business partner.
Stay with WAVY on-air and online for updates.
- Corvette to pace the Indy 500 field for the 18th time
- Mother charged with murder after infant stabbed to death in Newport News; another young child in critical condition
- Traffic shifts planned this week at Queens Creek Bridges as part of I-64 Widening Project
- Family of Andrew Brown Jr. to view bodycam footage on Tuesday
- Illinois could soon allow bars to give free beer to vaccinated people