Payton is the first person in the NFL known to have tested positive for the virus.
Payton told ESPN he didn’t feel well on Sunday, took the test on Monday and received the results Thursday.
He said he is resting at home but said although he is fatigued, he does not have a fever or cough.
He encouraged others to heed government officials’ warnings about the virus.
- Soccer tournament honors Joseph Conner Williams Guido, York student who died in crash after homecoming
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- NC man pleads guilty to threatening to burn African American church in VB
- DOJ: Chesapeake City Jail inmate sentenced in bribery scheme
- NN Police: Missing 4-year-old found safe, suspect in custody