RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN/WAVY) – Sunday is the 12th day in a row that more than 1,000 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in North Carolina.
According to statistics from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, 1,329 new cases were reported across the state Sunday, bringing the total to 72,983.
The number of people currently hospitalized remains high at 949, down by only two from Friday’s record total of 951 and a slight increase from Saturday’s total of 945.
The total number of deaths increased by one to 1,396.
More than 18,000 tests were processed, bringing the total number of tests completed to 1,036,838.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County