RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN/WAVY) – The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has updated the number of COVID-19 cases in the state for Saturday.
The number of cases increased by 586 from Friday to Saturday, bringing the total number of cases to 11,509 across 98 counties.
The state is now reporting 420 COVID-19 related deaths, 21 more than reported on Friday.
The number of people currently hospitalized is down to 502, 45 fewer than Friday.
The total number of cases across the U.S. is 1,062,446 with a total of 62,406 deaths.
According to state officials, the state is still out of gowns compared to the average requests of nearly 34,000 from local health departments a day.
- Motorcyclist, SUV driver seriously injured in crash on S Military Highway in Chesapeake
- Blog: Clouds Hang Tough Today. More Rain This Week.
- Northam expected to make face coverings announcement during Tuesday’s press conference
- Teen-run organization in Virginia Beach raising money to hold prom at end of July
- Pasquotank County High School hosting virtual town hall to discuss graduation plans