RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – North Carolina added 4,479 new lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Monday – the lowest daily total since Dec. 7 (4,372).
After dropping for three-straight days, hospitalizations increased again from 2,777 on Sunday to 2,817 on Monday, according to data from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
NCDHHS said the daily percent positive report on Monday was 11 percent. Monday’s number reflects cases and tests from Saturday.
North Carolina has had more than 6.4 million tests completed revealing 483,647 total cases.
Here are the latest coronavirus case counts from local counties:
- Bertie: 1,120 cases – 27 deaths
- Camden: 251 cases – 4 deaths
- Chowan: 759 cases – 19 deaths
- Currituck: 563 cases — 10 deaths
- Dare: 868 cases – 5 deaths
- Gates: 313 cases – 12 deaths
- Hertford: 1,250 cases – 44 deaths
- Pasquotank: 1,506 cases – 38 deaths
- Perquimans: 457 cases – 4 deaths
To view the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services dashboard, click here.
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- Newport News family calls for justice for slain loved one
- Trio of Black assistants make history as Bucs coordinators
- Budweiser joins Coke, Pepsi brands in sitting out Super Bowl
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers win 31-26 at Green Bay, heading to Super Bowl LV