MATHEWS COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A Mathews County Public Schools employee has tested positive for coronavirus, officials say.
MCPS Superintendent Nancy Welch alerted the public to the positive COVID-19 test result on March 24. The employee was not named in the release, but Welch said they worked in the transportation department.
MCPS is working with the Virginia Health Department’s Three Rivers Health District Office to investigate the positive COVID-19 result, including making a list of people who may have come into contact with the employee. VHD will contact anyone who may be affected, Welch said.
As of March 24, VDH is reporting that 290 Virginians have tested positive for coronavirus. VDH reports that 4,470 Virginians have been tested for COVID-19 to date. Learn more about testing across the United States here.
- Police: Man wanted after Elizabeth City homicide
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
- Missing woman’s body recovered on Bainbridge Blvd. in Chesapeake, police say
- Titans fan reacts after team owner saves family from eviction
- Virginia Oct. 19 COVID-19 update: 690 new cases, 24 new deaths reported, statewide metrics still increasing overall