HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — FedEx announced Friday that it is considered an “essential business” and will continue to operate during the coronavirus pandemic.
“Due to the crucial role we play in moving supply chains and delivery critical relief, FedEx is considered an essential business and may continue to operate under state of emergency and shelter in place orders recently issued in the U.S.,” the company announced in a news release.
FedEx office locations are serving as hold locations for redirected shipments and printing support for government agencies and customers, the release states.
- Day 8: Protests continue in Colorado Springs
- ‘March for Justice’ walk scheduled for Saturday afternoon in Nashville
- Columbus, Georgia community, leaders gather for “My Black has a Purpose Peace Rally”
- VIDEO: Protesters block 3 Mile Bridge, one seen riding on the hood of a vehicle
- Flyover operation ‘Thanks From Above’ takes place in Upstate New York