NEW MEXICO (AP) — Idris Elba says he and his wife had their lives “turned around” after contracting the coronavirus.
The British actor called the experience “definitely scary and unsettling and nervous.”
Elba and wife Sabrina Dhowre Elba are recovering in New Mexico and are now focused on their new roles as United Nations Goodwill Ambassadors.
They are working with the United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development to lessen the impact of COVID-19 on farmers and food producers in rural areas.
- PHOTOS: Virginia Beach Heartbreak Through the Lens
- Bus destroyed during protests in Richmond, Saturday service delayed
- About 100 people gather in Downtown Lynchburg to protest George Floyd’s death
- Photo Gallery: SpaceX rocket blasts off in historic flight to International Space Station
- Virginia Beach Heartbreak: Through the Lens