DARE COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — Dare County has partnered with a local lab to host a COVID-19 testing clinic on July 28.
The partnership is with Mako Medical Laboratories. The testing clinic will start at 1 p.m. July 28 at the Dare County Center, 950 Marshall Collins Drive in Manteo.
This event is open to permanent residents of Dare County, ages 10 and older.
Registration is required for appointments. Individuals can register for the diagnostic test, the antibody test, or both.
To schedule an appointment, call 252-475-5008.
The call center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Participants must send a photocopy of their government-issued identification card and insurance card prior to the event.
This is not a free event, however, officials say individuals with insurance will not pay any out of pocket expenses, deductibles, or co-pays.
All insurances will cover the COVID-19 diagnostic test, including Medicaid and Medicare.
Dare County has 277 positive cases as of July 21, 59 of which are considered active. Of the 277 cases, 162 are residents and 115 are non-residents.
The testing event is only for asymptomatic individuals. For more information on testing locations in Dare County please visit darenc.com/covidtesting.
- SLIDESHOW: Bernie Sanders and his Inaugural mittens seen in Hampton Roads spots
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- NC COVID-19 Jan. 24 update: 6,096 new cases reported statewide, 4th day of more than 100 deaths
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter