VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — As more residents get tested, Virginia Beach is reporting at least 16 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Virginia Beach Mayor Bobby Dyer confirmed the news Sunday morning warning residents to “expect the numbers to go up.”
This is up from the 5 cases previously reported by the Virginia Department of Health.
The most recent case in Virginia Beach is of a 49-year-old man who had recently traveled internationally to a high-risk area affected by the virus.
- Newport News Police arrest fugitive wanted in connection with past sexual offense
- VIDEO: #HAWAIISTRONG Hotels illuminate with hope and aloha throughout Waikiki
- Moyock community continues Easter tradition with a twist
- Newport News Police arrest man for indecent liberties with a juvenile
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge