CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — On this April Fool’s Day, officials with Chesapeake Public Schools want to draw a clear line between fact and fiction.
The district took to Twitter Wednesday afternoon to address a false claim floating around the internet. According to the rumor, students would have to repeat their current grade due to coronavirus challenges.
They assured the public the rumor is false, adding that students in good academic standing will advance as normal.
For official updates on schools and the coronavirus, you can click here.
Stay with WAVY.com for all of your local news updates.
- Nigerian state says rapists will face surgical castration
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- No injuries reported after boat capsizes in Gloucester Co.
- ‘Unwavering beacon’: Local leaders mourn Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Breaking brewing barriers: Hispanic immigrant taps into Denver’s craft beer biz