CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — On this April Fool’s Day, officials with Chesapeake Public Schools want to draw a clear line between fact and fiction.
The district took to Twitter Wednesday afternoon to address a false claim floating around the internet. According to the rumor, students would have to repeat their current grade due to coronavirus challenges.
They assured the public the rumor is false, adding that students in good academic standing will advance as normal.
For official updates on schools and the coronavirus, you can click here.
Stay with WAVY.com for all of your local news updates.
- Newport News, Hampton mayors bet oysters and crabs on which city has higher census turnout
- Virginia Lottery to open customer service centers on June 1; masks, social distancing will be required
- Hampton PD seeks suspect or suspects in connection to carjacking on Bacon St.
- Hampton releases information about beaches reopening Friday
- UPDATE: 12-year-old girl missing from Norfolk found in VB