ANAHEIM, Calif. (WFLA) – Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World in Florida are closing for the rest of March as coronavirus concerns grow around the globe.
Disney Parks News tweeted a statement Thursday evening saying Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure will close beginning the morning of Saturday, March 14 through the end of the month.
Disneyland Resort hotels will stay open through Monday, March 16 so guests can make travel arrangements.
Downtown Disney will remain open.
“We will monitor the ongoing situation and follow the advice and guidance of federal and state officials and health agencies,” the statement said. “Disney will continue to pay cast members during this time.”
Walt Disney World Resort including theme parks and Disney Springs has announced it will temporarily ban guests beginning this Sunday and lasting through the end of the month, due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to Variety.
This comes following the announcement that Disneyland Resort in California says it is closing for the rest of March as coronavirus concerns grow around the globe.
A complete closure at Disney World is very rare as Hurricanes Floyd, Charley, Matthew, Irma and Dorian prompted closures in the past.
- 30 Chihuahuas found in Colorado Springs garage after owner evicted
- New Biden ad aimed at NC’s rural communities features Rocky Mount woman, her business
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- Cooper holds lead over Forest in NC gubernatorial race, according to poll
- Report: USPS nears settlement with 19 states on election mail