(CNN) — The CDC has released new preliminary data about the impact of the current flu season.
The agency estimates that between October and the end of January there were between 19-and 26-million flu-related illnesses in the US and up to 25,000 deaths.
The CDC has a couple of warnings about this data. It’s preliminary and there may be even more cases.
Also, these are estimated ranges that were calculated using weekly surveillance data along with data from prior seasons.
Recent CDC data shows high flu activity in Virginia.
- If you traveled for Thanksgiving, ‘assume you were exposed,’ Birx says
- HRSD: Billing remains suspended, no late fees for customers following November ransomware attack
- Watch: Massive alligator eats duck hunters’ trophy in a Florida lake
- South Carolina business criticized for banning masks inside store
- Tickets go on sale for 2021 Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion