HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — The Hampton Division of Fire and Rescue mourn the loss of a retired lieutenant on Friday.
Lieutenant Michael R. Whitman served the department and citizens of Hampton for 29 years.
He retired in 2005.
The fire department took to Facebook to send regards to the Whitman family.
The comments were immediately flooded with an overwhelming amount of support and sympathy.
- Chesapeake Police respond to pedestrian-involved crash near George Washington Highway
- Noland Trail and Mariners’ Museum Park to open Monday, June 15
- More than 200 joined in Surry County for peaceful protest
- Over 100 residents and team members recover from COVID-19 at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Gov. Cooper extends order for flags to remain at half-staff to honor Marine