HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Several Friday night high school football games across Hampton Roads are canceled because of Tropical Storm Michael’s impact on the region.
The following school districts have announced changes to Friday night’s games. We will continue to update this article as we hear from additional districts.
- Chesapeake: Western Branch vs. Nansemond River is rescheduled for Saturday, Oct. 13. The Homecoming parade will begin at noon. Kick-off is scheduled for 2 p.m.
- Hampton: The Denbigh vs. Kecoughtan game is now scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 13 at 9 a.m. The Hampton vs. Phoebus game is still starting at 2 p.m.Saturday.
- Norfolk: All athletic practices, games and school activities are canceled Friday, Oct. 12
- Newport News: All after school activities and sports are canceled. The Heritage vs. Warwick game has been postponed to Monday, Oct. 15 at 7 p.m. All Saturday games remain as scheduled.
- Virginia Beach: All football games are canceled Friday, Oct.12
- Williamsburg/James City County: No after school activities Friday. Warhill High School’s homecoming game Friday night has been cancelled. The school system says it has not made a decision about weekend activities yet.
Several games are still being played tonight. Be sure to tune in to WAVY News 10 at 11:15 p.m. for Friday Night Flights to see all the action on local high school football fields.