CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — An apartment over top of a detached garage caught fire in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake Sunday afternoon.
Chesapeake Fire Department crews were notified about the fire around 1:30 p.m. after a nearby citizen saw smoke coming from the two-story structure.
Fire officials say they were able to put the fire out in time before it spread to the rest of the structure.
They are not sure if the apartment was being used as a living space at the time of the fire and the cause is still investigation. No one was injured.
Stay on WAVY.com for updates.