DUCK, N.C. (WAVY) — The Duck Fire Department and Duck Police Department responded to an early morning house fire on Wednesday.
The call came in just after 3 a.m. for a structure fire in the 100 block of Poteskeet Drive in Duck, North Carolina.
The occupants were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors in the home and escaped unharmed. Officials said the fire was contained to the exterior of the home and no other surrounding homes were involved.
The cause remains under investigation.
Mutual aid was provided by Southern Shores Volunteer Fire Department, Corolla Fire and Rescue, and Dare County EMS.
- BREAKING: Kemp’s new executive order will allow local mask mandates
- Nearly $425k donated in fundraising effort after Wilson boy shot, killed while playing in yard
- Not Real News: A look at false claims around Kamala Harris
- Lawmaker: Trump’s executive order to prevent evictions has ‘no force of law’
- Virginia rescue farm is in danger of closing