Fire at Norfolk home started in electrical panel

News

NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Firefighters were called to a home on Thaxton Street in Norfolk Thursday evening.

According to crews on scene, the fire appears to have started in the home’s electrical panel, then spread to the attic.

There were two people inside the house when the fire started, but they got out safely on their own.

Dominion Energy crews responded to turn off the power. The Red Cross is assisting the residents.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook

Trending stories