HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – This holiday season, find places to donate food or toys to families in our community.
If you know of additional events to add to this list, please email us with the specifics.
When: Through December 31. Click here to see drop-offs with the WAVY team.
What: Coats for Families collects new and like-new coats for all ages and sizes. Donations are welcome at drop-off locations and events.
Where: Click here to find full list of drop-off locations around Hampton Roads.
When: This holiday season 2023.
What: Drop off donations of winter clothes, hygiene products, and nonperishable food for this winter giving event.
Where: At these RnR Tire Express locations, below:
- Chesapeake, 1420-L Battlefield Blvd. Chesapeake, Virginia 23320
- Norfolk, 818 B East Little Creek Rd. Norfolk, Virginia 23518
- Virginia Beach, 623 First Colonial Rd. Virginia Beach, Virginia 23421
- Suffolk,1100 N. Main St. Suffolk, Virginia 23434
When: Nov. 27, 2023 – Jan. 27, 2024
What: Alpha & Omega Baptist Fellowship Church is hosting a shoe fundraiser. The goal is to supply shoes to those in need and raise funds for the church. Donate gently worn, used and new shoes.
Where: Alpha & Omega Baptist Fellowship Church, 2400 Gilmerton Rd
When: Donations welcome through December 11
What: The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office is participating in the Toys for Tots program. Toys for Tots collects and gives out toys for children during the holiday season that are less fortunate. Toys should be new, in original packaging and unwrapped.
Where: Lobby of the Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office, 7502 Justice Dr
7th Annual 249 Ninja Toy Drive & Food Giveaway
- Where: Phoebus High School, 100 Ireland Street
- What: This event was started in the back room at North Phoebus Community Center and has grown into one of the largest holiday events on the Peninsula. The tradition continues this year with games, food, a live DJ, raffles, gift giveaways and much more.
- When: Dec. 17 from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Bowman’s Soul in the Wall Coat & Sock Drive
- Where: Bowman’s Soul-N-the-Wall, 1899 Armistead Avenue
- What: Drop off your gently used or new coats and socks at Bowman’s Soul-N-the Wall between November 20-December 20. On Christmas morning, the restaurant will be feeding those in need. Additionally, Bowman’s will be doing a canned food drive in January to benefit the Virginia Peninsula Food Bank. For more information on these efforts, please call (757)826-7685.
- When: Nov. 20 through Dec. 20, 2023
What a Wonderful Christmas Toy Drive & Coat Donations
What: The Southside Boys and Girls Club presents this giving event throughout the holiday season. For more information, call 757-581-5706 or 757-434-6217. The donations will be presented in a Christmas Eve event for the Southside Boys and Girls Club Christmas Party.
When: Nov. 12 through Dec. 20
Where: Participating locations in Norfolk.
- Milo Cafe, 217 Grace St.
- E Palmer Supermarket, 201 East, E Berkley Ave.
- The Pink Plug Women Clothing Store, 1140 N. Military
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe, 265 Granby St.
- Southside Boys & Girls Club, 701 Berkley Ave Ext.
- Promo Kings Radio Podcast, 900 Granby St.
When: Now until December 13, military families can apply to receive an Operation Holiday Joy box, complete with holiday sides and either a turkey or a ham. Military families must register in advance at this link. The distribution event will take place at Armed Forces Brewing Company (AFBC) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on December 20, 2023.
What: Armed Forces Brewing Company proudly announces its partnership with Hampton Roads
Armed Services YMCA, the Norfolk Admirals, and 106.1 Country in support of Operation Holiday Joy, an initiative to provide holiday meals to military families facing food insecurity in Hampton Roads.
Where: Armed Forces Brewing, 211 W 24th St, Norfolk, VA 23517
More information: The public is encouraged to contribute by dropping off food donations at Hampton Roads Armed Services YMCA Monday to Friday at their headquarters, 1465 Lakeside Road in Virginia Beach, VA, until December 15, 2023. The following donations are requested: Boxed mashed potatoes, boxed stuffing, boxed brownie mix, canned corn, canned green beans, canned cranberry sauce, gravy, mac and cheese. Food donations can also be brought to the November 17 and December 8 Norfolk Admirals’ games at Norfolk Scope.