Family of 4 displaced in Newport News house fire

News

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A fire at a Newport News hoem Friday morning displaced a family of four people, officials say.

An official with the Newport News Fire Department said there was call for a fire alarm in the 200 block of Longmeadow Drive just before 6:30 a.m. Firefighters found smoke inside inside the house, and were able to get the blaze under control.

One of the four people displaced in the fire was transported for smoke inhalation.

Family members told 10 On Your Side a dog died inside the house after it was afraid to jump from an upstairs window.

Stay with WAVY.com for the latest developments.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Don't Miss

Nativo

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook