NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Old Dominion University in Norfolk has released a new tool that will let users see a locality-by-locality forecast of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center produced the tool to give predictions about the virus’ spread and give a daily tally of COVID-19 symptom tweets.
The online tool also includes age ranges and hospitalization outcomes forecasts, other COVID-19 modeling resources, and more.
The Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center has more than 70 research faculty, scientists, support professionals and students who create “information-to-insight and digital engineering solutions” for digital shipbuilding, spaceflight, digital health and more.
- Voters file petition to remove Sen. Lucas from office over destructive protest at Portsmouth Confederate monument
- Tokyo Olympics within reach for Ann Arbor teen who smashed HS record
- Olympic Track and Field trials taking place at the new Hayward Field in Oregon
- Border agents continue finding groups of migrants risking their lives inside grain hopper railcars
- African American cemetery in Portsmouth recognized on Virginia’s list of most endangered historic places