NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Old Dominion University in Norfolk has released a new tool that will let users see a locality-by-locality forecast of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center produced the tool to give predictions about the virus’ spread and give a daily tally of COVID-19 symptom tweets.
The online tool also includes age ranges and hospitalization outcomes forecasts, other COVID-19 modeling resources, and more.
The Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center has more than 70 research faculty, scientists, support professionals and students who create “information-to-insight and digital engineering solutions” for digital shipbuilding, spaceflight, digital health and more.
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Virginia August 15 COVID-19 updates: More than 900 cases reported statewide with 11 new deaths
- BLOG: Heavy rain, flash flooding possible this weekend
- Peninsula SPCA asking for pet calendar photo submissions during Clear the Shelters
- ‘So far everything has worked out smoothly’: Students say of COVID-19 college move in