NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Old Dominion University in Norfolk has released a new tool that will let users see a locality-by-locality forecast of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center produced the tool to give predictions about the virus’ spread and give a daily tally of COVID-19 symptom tweets.
The online tool also includes age ranges and hospitalization outcomes forecasts, other COVID-19 modeling resources, and more.
The Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center has more than 70 research faculty, scientists, support professionals and students who create “information-to-insight and digital engineering solutions” for digital shipbuilding, spaceflight, digital health and more.
- House fire on Philpotts Road in Norfolk
- Transportation project near Naval Medical Center Portsmouth receives $250,000 federal grant
- Four-star recruit George Pettaway commits to UNC
- Funeral home mix-up causes wrong body to be placed in woman’s casket in NC
- Man injured in shooting near Edwards Street in Portsmouth