HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — A drowning osprey was rescued by a Virginia Department of Transportation worker last week.
According to a tweet from VDOT, the ferry crew members John D. and Ronald R. saved a drowning fledgling, an osprey that was just learning to fly from the James River.
They crisscrossed boat hooked so make an in-water perch and lifted the bird from the river.
The baby and the mother were reunited within the hour.
- The historic role of El Lector in educating cigar factory workers
- 870,000 Americans filed new unemployment claims last week
- Blog: Moisture At The Doors!
- Former Scott Taylor staffer due in court Thursday on election fraud charges
- President Trump set to pay respects to Ginsburg at Supreme Court