NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police are searching for the driver of a Mercedes Benz that fled the scene after a crash involving an ambulance early Thursday at the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.
Police didn’t have many details about the case, but said the crash happened just before 2:30 a.m. on westbound I-64 at mile marker 271.
Injuries were reported, but police didn’t have details. The driver of the Mercedes fled the scene, but there’s no vehicle description at this time.
Police say the investigation is ongoing and troopers are searching for the driver.
- Class of 2020 ‘Commemorative Brick Program’ planned for Town Point Park in Norfolk
- Norfolk Collegiate receives gift to offer ‘inclusive and supportive community’
- Chesapeake private school to open for full-time, in-person instruction
- Hampton University files lawsuit over pharmacy school’s withdrawal of accreditation
- VB mayor asks state legislators for $10M toward delayed Building 2 renovations