Downed power lines cause shed fire in Pembroke Manor section of Va. Beach

News
VBFD Shed Fire King George_1539362005598.jpg.jpg

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Power lines that were knocked down from the high winds of Tropical Storm Michael caused a shed to catch fire early Friday morning in the Pembroke Manor area. 

According to the Virginia Beach Fire Department, they headed to the 400 block of King George Road around 1 a.m. to respond to the fire. 

Firefighters saw light smoke coming from a detached shed near a home when they got to the scene. They believe the shed caught fire due to contact with downed power lines. 

PHOTOS: Tropical Storm Michael causes damage around Hampton Roads

Crews remained on the scene as Dominion Energy worked to secure the power. There were no injuries reported from the fire. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

LKQD Outstream

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Nativo

WAVY Twitter Widget

WAVY Facebook