CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) – Some Chesapeake voters will go to a new polling place for the Midterm Elections on Nov. 6.
The city announced precinct changes for the following five locations, effective Sept. 2018:
- The polling place for the Georgetown Precinct (0012) has been relocated from Indian River Middle School to Indian River Community Center located at 2250 Old Greenbrier Road
- The polling place for the E. W. Chittum Precinct (0020) has been relocated from E. W. Chittum Elementary School to Alexander Baptist Church located at 4316 Pamela Court
- The polling place for the Shipyard Road Precinct (0052) has been relocated from Deep Creek Central Elementary School to Grassfield Baptist Church located at 1772 Cedar Road
- The polling place for the Fairways Precinct (0053) has been relocated from Greenbrier Church to First Norfolk Church located at 1516 Volvo Parkway
- The polling place for the Expressway Precinct (0058) has been relocated from River Oak Church to Mount Olive Baptist Church located at 662 Fernwood Farms Road
The new location is listed on your voter registration card.
Additional polling locations were relocated in 2016 after changes were made to the Virginia Congressional District lines. The new lines drawn in 2016 made the 3rd Congressional District more Hampton Roads centered.
Reminder: All Hampton Roads precincts are open election day from 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.