WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) – A 21-year-old woman was arrested Tuesday and charged with felony accessory after the fact in connection with the murder of 5-year-old Cannon Hinnant in Wilson.
Aolani Takemi Marie Pettit, of Wilson, is in jail under a $250,000 bond.
Darius N. Sessoms, 25, of Wilson, was arrested Aug. 10 in Goldsboro. He is charged with first-degree murder. Family members said the 5-year-old boy was riding his bicycle when he was shot and killed along Archers Road on Aug. 9.
A GoFundMe for Cannon’s family has raised more than $810,000.
Cannon’s mother, Bonny Waddell, said she would ask the district attorney to seek the death penalty.
“Justice hasn’t been served,” the grieving mother said.
Numerous vigils and memorials have been held to honor Cannon. A motorcycle ride drew hundreds on Aug. 22.
- UNC breezes to 2nd win over Duke, 91-73
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- Coast Guard helps 4 mariners after vessel began taking on water near NC Oregon Inlet
- Crews from Virginia Beach Fire, North Carolina departments team up to install more than 50 smoke alarms
- No. 21 Virginia tops Louisville 68-58 to claim ACC title