NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A 20-year-old alleged gang member has been taken into custody in Norfolk by U.S. Marshals for multiple crimes they say he’s committed around Hampton Roads this month.
Akail Allen — who Marshals say is in the Gotti Gang and also goes by “Tinkman,” “Tink” and “Slick” — is facing multiple felony charges in both Norfolk and Newport News:
Norfolk (warrants issued April 13)
· Malicious wounding
· Use of firearm in commission of a felony
· Possession of firearm by violent convicted felon
Newport News (warrants issued April 21)
· Use of firearm in the commission of a felony
· Conspiracy to commit a felony
In 2019, Allen was among six people taken into a custody after police chased a vehicle from Chesapeake into Virginia Beach. Allen, 19 at the time, was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, carrying a weapon within city limits and not wearing a seatbelt. He was sentenced to serve six months in connection with this case.
- 65 dogs, puppies have new home following adoption event in Forsyth County
- Warner says ‘huge vulnerabilities’ in power grid must be addressed after attack
- Biden administration to appeal ruling striking Title 42, pledges new regulation from CDC
- Supreme Court hears case to determine who controls elections
- Police records detail violent 2016 incident involving former Virginia officer in cross-country murder investigation