JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) – A man is accused of throwing a toddler against a wall during a violent domestic incident on January 31.
Officers were called to the 2300 block of Richmond Road in James City County just before midnight. The victim told officers she was awakened from her sleep to the sound of Daniel Dowdy throwing things. They began to argue, during which she said Dowdy picked up a 1-year-old child in the room and threw her up against a wall.
The victim said Dowdy then began beating her, pushing her into a window, breaking it at one point. Officers observed cuts on her mouth and swelling to her face.
Dowdy was taken to the hospital to be treated for cuts to his hand. Police took him into custody upon his release and charged him with destruction of property, domestic assault and child abuse/neglect.
- Predawn fire guts old church housing New York’s Liberty Bell
- NC COVID-19 Dec. 5 update: North Carolina reports new record of more than 6,000 additional COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- Minor driving stolen vehicle leads police pursuit before crashing into house in Elizabeth City