ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (WAVY) - A man robbed a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant in Elizabeth City Friday night.
According to police, the suspect entered the business on S. Hughes Blvd. around 9:30 p.m. and handed the cashier a note demanding money. He asked her to remain calm and just act like she was taking an order.
The suspect never showed a weapon and no one was injured.
After getting the cash, he took off on foot towards Harrel Street.
Police say the suspect is described as a white man, about 5-feet, 8-inches tall with long brown hair and a patchy beard. He was wearing a blue and gray sweatshirt with blue skinny heans and a blue bandana around his neck.
Police were called to investigate another fast food robbery a few days later, at a McDonald's. The suspects have different descriptions.
Police: Teen injured in shooting on...
Gunshot victim walks into Maryview...
- Plan your trip to the Something in the Water festival
- State, local officials announce agreements for $3.8B HRBT expansion
- Blog: Warm Again Today. Strong Storms Possible Friday.
- Police: Person detained after BB gun fired at VB school bus
- Police: 2 children, 2 adults injured in Chesapeake crash
- Ex-Vice President Biden launches 2020 presidential campaign
- Pharrell attends local 'Battle of the Bands' event ahead of Something in the Water