SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk officials say a marked police car was shot several times Tuesday night.
According to a city news release, the cruiser was traveling in the area of the 200 block of North Broad Street around 7:25 p.m. when it was shot three times.
The officer was not injured.
Police said around 9:30 p.m. that there was a large police presence in the area as officers worked to collect evidence and searched for a suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Chesapeake twins celebrate birthday, end of chemotherapy treatment with parade of cars
- NC Sept. 19 COVID-19 update: Over 1,200 new cases reported with 28 additional deaths
- Body found in Virginia field positively ID’d as missing Raleigh man, police say
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- High tide causes flooding in Hampton Roads as coastal flood warning goes in effect for southeast Virginia