SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police are asking the public to come forward with information about a May 24 shooting that left a woman injured at a gathering of more than 100 people.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the shooting and have only charged one man with a weapons violation.
They are still following leads.
According to officials, law enforcement heard shooting and responded to Renee’s Celebration Center in the 100 block of East Washington Street at 11:48 p.m. May 24. When officers arrived on scene, they say they saw more than 100 people gathered near an event venue with multiple fights occurring.
Soon after, they found a 27-year-old woman who was shot in the lower torso. Police say she was treated by medics on scene and taken to a local hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- Atlantic Coast Pipeline project canceled
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Antibody testing for COVID 19 brings in more blood donors
- Man taken to the hospital following East little Creek shooting in Norfolk
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020