VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a shooting resulted in life-threatening injuries at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront Tuesday night, about half a mile from a homicide early Monday morning.
Dispatchers said the call reporting the shooting came in around 9:05 p.m. in the 300 block of 23rd Street.
A police captain on scene said the incident was a dispute between two people. One person ended up getting shot and is in critical condition. Police say the person, a male, was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
On Friday, police identified the victim as 26-year-old Calvin Demerius Allen of Henderson, North Carolina.
Police later arrested 19-year-old Isaiah Jermaine Clemons, of Chesapeake and charged him with robbery, felonious assault, and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Monday night’s shooting happened around 12:30 a.m. at 30th Street and Pacific Avenue. A man was pronounced dead at the scene, but police haven’t identified him at this time. No other details are available in the case.
Tuesday night’s shooting was at least the fourth shooting in Virginia Beach in the past four days. 6 people in total were shot, with two deaths. At least five shootings have taken place in or around the Oceanfront in June.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- Portsmouth City Hall to close beginning Monday for disinfecting; City Council meeting rescheduled
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
- Man dies while swimming off Cape Hatteras Ocracoke Island beach in North Carolina
- US Navy ship on fire at San Diego base; at least 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured
- Man taken to hospital following early morning shooting in Chesapeake