NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk police arrested a man after they say he accidentally fired a gun inside Sentara Norfolk General Hospital on Sunday night.
Police say they responded to the hospital around 10:40 p.m. after receiving a gunshot disturbance report. When they arrived, they were told a man was seen leaving a hospital room after a single gunshot.
Officers weren’t able to find the man, but he later returned and was interviewed by detectives.
The man, 19-year-old Johnathan A. Rosekrans, was then arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, reckless handling of a firearm, and discharge of a firearm in an occupied building.
Police didn’t have any details on what led to wounds to Rosekrans’ face, seen in a mugshot provided by NPD, but say no one was injured as a result of the accidental shooting.
Rosekrans is being held at the Norfolk City Jail with no bond.
He was arraigned on the charges Tuesday morning and a preliminary hearing date was set for January 5, 2021.
- Police investigating ‘serious crash’ with injuries on I-64 westbound in Newport News
- Good News with Gaskins: November 29
- Bureau of Land Management confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Gruden apologizes to ‘Raider nation’ after ugly loss in ATL
- Wreaths Across America local group needs help with sponsors, donations