NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk police arrested a man after they say he accidentally fired a gun inside Sentara Norfolk General Hospital on Sunday night.
Police say they responded to the hospital around 10:40 p.m. after receiving a gunshot disturbance report. When they arrived, they were told a man was seen leaving a hospital room after a single gunshot.
Officers weren’t able to find the man, but he later returned and was interviewed by detectives.
The man, 19-year-old Johnathan A. Rosekrans, was then arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, reckless handling of a firearm, and discharge of a firearm in an occupied building.
Police didn’t have any details on what led to wounds to Rosekrans’ face, seen in a mugshot provided by NPD, but say no one was injured as a result of the accidental shooting.
Rosekrans is being held at the Norfolk City Jail with no bond.
He was arraigned on the charges Tuesday morning and a preliminary hearing date was set for January 5, 2021.
- Waiting to deliver her baby — and waiting for the VEC to deliver her unemployment payments
- NC August 12 COVID-19 update: 1,166 new cases, 45 deaths; test counts corrected due to discrepancy
- WHO urges public to avoid routine dental cleanings during pandemic
- WATCH LIVE: Biden, Harris to make unusual campaign debut in virus era
- Take the New 10 Minute Challenge