NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk police arrested a man after they say he accidentally fired a gun inside Sentara Norfolk General Hospital on Sunday night.
Police say they responded to the hospital around 10:40 p.m. after receiving a gunshot disturbance report. When they arrived, they were told a man was seen leaving a hospital room after a single gunshot.
Officers weren’t able to find the man, but he later returned and was interviewed by detectives.
The man, 19-year-old Johnathan A. Rosekrans, was then arrested and charged with carrying a concealed weapon, reckless handling of a firearm, and discharge of a firearm in an occupied building.
Police didn’t have any details on what led to wounds to Rosekrans’ face, seen in a mugshot provided by NPD, but say no one was injured as a result of the accidental shooting.
Rosekrans is being held at the Norfolk City Jail with no bond.
He was arraigned on the charges Tuesday morning and a preliminary hearing date was set for January 5, 2021.
- House GOP impeachment inquiry vote hinges on vulnerable members
- Senate Republicans to block Ukraine funding after tempers flare at classified briefing
- Texas woman asks judge to allow abortion after lethal fetal diagnosis
- 5 takeaways from Trump’s town hall with Sean Hannity
- ‘I just ran across the aisle’: Fans recall helping man who died at Kings-Pelicans game