HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say they’re investigating an overnight shooting on Interstate 664 in Hampton.
Police say the shooting happened around midnight on southbound I-664 near Aberdeen Road, and the Bureau of Criminal Investigations (BCI) was called to the scene to help.
The investigation has revealed that the driver of a red sedan, possibly a Honda, shot at the victim’s vehicle, a blue Kia. A woman in the vehicle was hit by the gunfire. Police say she was treated at Riverside Regional Medical Center and released.
State Police say the investigating is ongoing. They want to speak to any witnesses driving in the area of I-664 southbound near Aberdeen Road around the time of the incident. Anyone with information about this shooting and/or witnessed suspicious behavior should contact Virginia State Police at (757) 424-6800 or email@example.com
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals