NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Norfolk Police have arrested a woman and are looking for more suspects in connection with a shooting Thursday in the MacArthur Center parking garage that left two men injured.
Police say 42-year-old Michelle L. Taylor, of Fredericksburg, was arrested and charged with malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and conspiracy to commit a felony.
Taylor is being held at Norfolk City Jail without bond.
They are also looking for 19-year-old Deric L. Stokes, also of Fredericksburg. He is charged with malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and conspiracy to commit a felony.
Stokes is still wanted.
Police are asking for help identifying a third man. He is shown in a photograph from surveillance footage wearing a black shirt and black mask around his chin.
Police responded to the parking garage at the MacArthur Center around 4 p.m. for a report of a shooting.
Two men were taken to a local hospital with injuries that aren’t considered life-threatening. They are expected to be OK, police said.
This is the third shooting at the MacArthur Center in the last year and a half.
Norfolk Police said the previous two were believed to be gang-related.
- 2 injured in shooting at MacArthur Center in October 2019
- U.S. Marshals arrest October 2019 MacArthur Center shooting suspects in Atlanta
- Suspect in MacArthur Center Valentine’s Day shooting enters plea
- Valentine’s Day MacArthur Center shooting defendant denied bond; mother denies he was gang member
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Edenton Police arrest man for allegedly driving stolen car
- Animal Resources of Tidewater receives $33,000 grant from William H. Donner Foundation
- North Carolina man sentenced for his part in a ‘family-run’ drug trafficking organization
- Tampa Bay Lightning beats Dallas Stars to win Stanley Cup in Game 6
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions