VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A man sustained serious injuries in a shooting Friday, June 19 on Maximus Square in Virginia Beach.
Police say they responded to a report of a person who had been shot around 4:15 p.m. in the 900 block.
The investigation revealed there was an altercation between “parties known to each other,” which escalated to a point where a man took out a handgun and shot at the victim. according to police.
The victim, a man, was hit and then drove to a 7-Eleven on Chinquapin Lane.
Officers responded and provided first aid until EMS arrived.
He was then taken to a hospital with serious injuries.
The man accused of firing the weapon, 43-year-old Patrick Fontaine Creath Jr., stayed at the scene. He was taken into custody and charged with felonious assault and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Creath Jr. was released on bond on June 26, Virginia Beach police confirmed.
The investigation is still active and further information will be released as it becomes available.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Oxford Dictionaries names ‘goblin mode’ its word of the year
- Blog: Warmer and wetter for most of the week.
- ‘No freaking way’: Unwelcome bear moves into Florida neighborhood, eats residents’ avocados
- Kennedy Center Honors delivers salute to stars, welcomes back Paul Pelosi
- Florida deputy ‘jokingly’ shot, killed by roommate, fellow deputy