SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Suffolk say a man was injured in a shooting in the area of Virginia Avenue.
Police say they responded to a report of shots fired around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Virginia Avenue.
While they were investigating, officers found a man who had been shot. He was identified Wednesday as Perdell Antonio Turner, 32, of Suffolk.
He was given medical treatment by first responders at the scene and then taken to a local hospital for additional treatment. Police say his injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Police say they are still investigating and there was no further information.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- NN Police launch video series on local, national policing issues
- 2 shot, 1 with life-threatening injuries, on Virginia Avenue in Portsmouth
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- Sam’s Club unveils ’12 Days of Wine’ advent calendar
- 1 positive COVID-19 case at Birdneck Elementary in Virginia Beach