VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police have charged a man with murder after he told them he found a woman’s body in a Virginia Beach hotel room.
Police say 67-year-old James Richard King walked into the 3rd Police Precinct in Virginia Beach around 8:45 a.m. Thursday and told police he found a body in a room he rented at the Day’s Inn at 4600 Bonney Road.
Officers responded and found the woman dead in the room. She was identified on Friday as 53-year-old Lexie Juanita Walters, of Virginia Beach.
King was initially detained, and on Friday police announced King had been arrested and charged with murder.
Walters’ cause of death is still unknown at this time and the case remains under active investigation. No other details are available at this time.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Following the Funds: Who has donated to presidential candidates in Hampton Roads?
- East Beach neighborhood in Norfolk sees string of mail thefts
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured in crash on East Princess Anne Road
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- Fire engine flies off Tijuana bridge, injuring 3 firefighters