ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (WAVY) — Authorities have arrested an Elizabeth City man who was wanted after a serious hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian in September.
Manuel Guadalupe Gonzalez, 25, was taken into custody Monday around 8:45 p.m. when officers saw him exit a vehicle while they patrolled the 200 block of Native Dancer Court.
He’s been charged with felony hit-and-run with serious injury after the crash on Sept. 24 on Weeksville Road near Herrington Road. There’s no update on the victim’s condition at this time.
At the time of arrest, police say Gonzalez also had outstanding warrants for possession of marijuana up to 1/2 ounce, speeding, possession of a marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. He received a $27,000 secured bond and was taken to Albemarle District Jail.
His first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday at 9:30 a.m. in Pasquotank County District Court.
- Virginia ABC awards grants in support of youth leadership efforts to prevent substance use
- House Committee presses Secretary Mnuchin and Federal Reserve Chair Powell on COVID-19 relief
- Democrats push Congress to act on COVID relief bill
- Virginia Natural Gas partners with Operation Warm to give coats to kids at local Boys & Girls clubs
- Lawmakers push back as Trump threatens to veto defense bill