JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A man was arrested earlier this month after he allegedly entered a Governor’s Square apartment and touched two teenagers sleeping in a room.
Jaime Leonel Ortiz, a resident of the same complex, is charged with breaking and entering, assault and sexual assault.
Police say Ortiz entered an apartment around 1:30 a.m. Feb. 19 and touched the two females sleeping in the room, who are 14 and 18 years old.
The two teenagers woke up and one turned on the flashlight on her phone.
A “brief struggle” allegedly happened during which one of the girls screamed.
Ortiz then ran from the room and apartment, police said.
Investigation by police identified Ortiz as the suspect.
He was arrested Feb. 21 and taken to the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail.
- Police searching for stolen Nissan, 3 suspects after ride-share driver carjacked overnight
- XFL football to return spring of 2022
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- Virginia Oct. 1 COVID-19 update: Case averages dropping statewide, regionally; Hampton Roads’ percent positivity now 4.4%
- Titans home game against Steelers to be rescheduled for later in the season