JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A man was arrested after he allegedly threatened to kill a man and burn down a convenience store in James City County on Monday.
Police were called to the Happy Shopper, located at 8934 Pocahontas Trail, around 4 p.m. on Monday after 41-year-old Lamont Minkins visited the store and threatened to kill a man and burn down the building, according to a news release.
Minkins had previously been banned from the store. When James City County Police Department officers arrived they found him yelling racial slurs and knocking over a trash can.
Minkins was arrested and taken to the Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail. He is charged with threats to burn, disorderly conduct, and trespassing.
- Prosecutors say there isn’t enough evidence against man in alleged murder of twin brother
- Richmond Mayor Stoney marches with demonstrators after apology over tear gas Tuesday afternoon
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- Virginia Zoo tops $40k in donations, asks for more help
- Alabama man is walking 1,000 miles to Minnesota and wants others to join him