JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — James City County Police say a 52-year-old man is facing multiple charges, including driving under the influence, after a head-on crash Friday night.
Michael Meekins, 52, of Williamsburg, is charged with reckless driving and driving under the influence.
Police say they responded to a crash around 10:15 p.m. Friday in the 7700 block of Croaker Road.
They arrived to find an overturned Dodge pickup truck in the westbound lane and a Pontiac sedan in the eastbound lane.
Meekins was flown by helicopter to Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond. The 18-year-old female driver of the Pontiac was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.
Meekins told police he was driving eastbound when he crossed the white line, over-corrected and went into the westbound lanes. He struck the Pontiac head-on.
- Psaki vows to bring ‘transparency and truth’ to press briefings
- Car crashes into apartment complex in Hampton Wednesday
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Mariners’ Museum and Park hosts Black History Month series
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday