JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — James City County Police are asking for help identifying a male walked into a bank, implied he had a gun and stole money.
Police say the robbery happened shortly after noon Thursday at Atlantic Union Bank located at 5125 John Tyler Highway.
The male walked in, told the teller he had a gun, but did not display one. He left the scene on foot with an “undisclosed” amount of cash.
There were no injuries.
Virginia State Police and Newport News Police K-9s assisted James City County Police in searching the area.
The male is described as a tall, thin, Black male wearing jeans, glasses and a baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Blog: Hurricane and Snow Storm for the South
- Virginia voters are still requesting mail-in ballots despite deadline
- Biden up 12 points on Trump in Virginia, latest CNU poll finds