HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Police say they have arrested two Hampton men on charges of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the deadly shooting of a 17-year-old Monday night.
Khalil Ryshawn Rice Cruz, 18, and Omari Rashad Calloway, 19, were both arrested and charged with one count of involuntary manslaughter. The suspects remain in custody at the Hampton city jail.
Officers say they located a crime scene in the 800 block of Lemaster Avenue just after 8 p.m. Monday.
The investigation revealed the 17-year-old victim was standing in front of his home when someone in a nearby vehicle started firing shots, hitting the teen. He was transported to the hospital where he died from his injuries.
Police have not released additional details about the motive and circumstances, but originally investigated the case as a homicide.
If you or anyone you know has information that will assist police, please contact the Hampton Police Division at 757–727–6111 or the Crime Line at 1–888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Proposed $1,400 relief check should be reserved for those who get COVID-19 vaccine, GOP lawmaker says
- NC Jan. 22 COVID-19 update: More than 120 deaths reported as hospitalizations continue to drop
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Atlanta Braves remember Hank Aaron
- Mega Millions jackpot now at estimated $1 billion, large prize due to long odds, slow sales