NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — An 18-year-old arrested after a pursuit Tuesday morning in Norfolk bailed out of a stolen vehicle while it was still moving, police say.
The pursuit started in the area of Campostella Road near Providence Road in Chesapeake, when police say an officer observed a defective equipment violation on the vehicle.
The driver refused to stop and fled down Campostella Road, crossing over the river into the area around Norfolk State University.
Police say the driver, identified as Nasir Hunter, bailed out of the vehicle, which hit a curb and stopped. Hunter, of Norfolk, was caught after a brief foot chase and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, possession of a concealed weapon, felony eluding, assault on a law enforcement officer, driving on a revoked license and defective equipment.
Police say they learned the vehicle had been stolen out of a Norfolk.
- Stone Foltz investigation: 21 Bowling Green students face code of conduct violations
- Michigan child, 4, dies after being shot with pellet gun
- Guests at Las Vegas Strip sound off on new mask policies in resorts: ‘Not taking those chances’
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack