NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Newport News Police say a 19-year-old man wanted in connection with a homicide on 25th Street in April has been arrested in New York.
Alton Kasine Powers, of Newport News, was arrested Saturday and detained in upstate New York.
He is charged with first-degree murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, three counts of shooting into an occupied dwelling, reckless handling of a firearm, discharge of a firearm within 1,000 feet of a school and damage to property.
Police say he is one of three people involved in the death of 23-year-old Stephen D. White III April 17 in the 600 block of 25th Street.
On May 13, authorities also arrested Shkise Fazion Cappe, of Hampton, and charged him with first-degree murder and nine other charges.
Police didn’t release the identity of the third person.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in California lake
- Domestic violence home in Hampton Roads reopens after flood, amid pandemic
- Officer told George Floyd: ‘It takes … a lot of oxygen to talk’
- Dirksen Londrigan dings Davis for transparency votes after his family’s business received federal PPP loans
- Richmond’s top prosecutor asks for Herring’s opinion on Stoney’s authority to rush monument removals