RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — An inmate at Dillwyn Correctional Center has died from COVID-19, according to the Virginia Department of Corrections, marking the fifth inmate in the commonwealth to succumb to the virus.
In total, 198 offenders and eight staff members at the facility have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- PHOTOS: Virginia Beach Heartbreak Through the Lens
- Bus destroyed during protests in Richmond, Saturday service delayed
- About 100 people gather in Downtown Lynchburg to protest George Floyd’s death
- Photo Gallery: SpaceX rocket blasts off in historic flight to International Space Station
- Virginia Beach Heartbreak: Through the Lens